The Goal: Licensure of NDs in all 50 States
The AANP’s number one advocacy priority is licensure of Naturopathic Doctors in all 50 states by 2025. In recent years, the AANP has implemented many measures in support of this goal.
- Annual state advocacy grant program: since 2015, the AANP has awarded $115,500 to state associations to support licensure efforts.
- Employment of a full-time Director of State Relations to support state efforts.
- Creation and support of the State Alliance pre-licensed advocacy team: a group of state leaders from pre-licensed states that meets monthly to support one another with advocacy efforts.
- Creation and support of the State Alliance post-licensed advocacy team (PLAT): a group of leaders from regulated states that meets monthly to advance scope and related efforts.
- AANP Advocacy and Association Toolkits - these toolkits started several years ago and now contain a plethora of resources to support all aspects of state association operations - from starting a state association, to fundraising
and membership, to advocacy efforts and beyond. We are here to support you.